WEDDING VENUES

The Saluting Battery

The Saluting Battery is located on one of the best vantage points overlooking the Grand Harbour.

Its origins are as old as those of the City itself, having been built as part of it, in 1566, by the Order of St. John on the design of the military engineer Francesco Laparelli. The building of Valletta followed the end of the Great Siege of 1565. During that conflict, the full length of the Valletta promontory was easily overrun by the Ottomans who built several powerful siege batteries to keep the Knights of St. John and the Maltese holed-up within Fort St. Angelo and the walled towns of Vittoriosa  and Senglea. Nowadays this location is a very exclusive spot for private events.

Search This Close